cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent Inbound VPN Users

nickpiggott

Hello,

Here's my setup

* BT Business Hub 6 - running on 4G Assure, because our fibre hasn't been installed yet

* Windows Server 2012 R2

* Multiple external client machines

Here's my configuration

* BT Business Hub - port forwarding TCP 1723 to the internal static IP address assigned to my server

* Windows Server 2012 R2 - running Routing and Remote Access Server configured for PPTP, with a statically defined IP address, and windows firewall ports opened for PPTP and our user application.

* Client machines running Windows 10, using Windows internal VPN provider configured for PPTP - over a variety of different originationg networks (Virgin, BT, EE) - accessing a TCP application running directly on the server

Here's the scenario:

* User #1 connects to the VPN, and can pass ping and data as expected to the application

* User #2 connects to the VPN, and can do the same UNTIL they transfer about 800kBytes into the application.

* User #1 has continuining uninterrupted access

* User #2 can ping the server machine, but there's no data transfer and TCP sockets can't be opened.

* User #1 disconnects the VPN, but can now not re-connect. It appears the TCP socket connection is opened, but no data is transferred (e.g. authentication credentials)

* User #2 disconnects the VPN, but also cannot re-connect

* After a timeout period (which I haven't worked out), one of the users can re-connect again.

Is this a known issue - multiple concurrent inbound VPN users not properly supported by the NAT on the Business Hub?

Any advice welcome - I need concurrency on inbound VPN connections at the moment.

Nick

0 REPLIES 0