cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Android Devices

ragmandoo

Hi,

I am using the 2wire BT business hub (with latest firmware), and trying to connect two Android devices (Xoom 2 ME tablet on Honeycomb 3.2 and a HTC Desire C on ICS 4.0) to my home wireless network. Both of the devices have been used previously on a number of different wi-fi connections and worked fine, and my wireless works fine on a number of laptops.

Both devices pick up the wi-fi, but neither will make any type of connection with it. When I try to connect, it either does nothing or says "connecting" briefly before saying "disconnecting" and stopping. I have reset everything involved, tried all the wireless encryptions (none, wep, wpa, wpa2), tried different wireless channels, none of which made any difference.

I'm certain it's a problem with the router, but BT won't help as the devices are not laptops running on windows. 

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

ragmandoo

Don't worry. Disabled MAC filtering and all is good. Any idea why?

sej7278
Super User

because mac filtering will only allow certain mac addresses to connect. if you want to enable it you have to whitelist each device you want to allow to connect.

celavey
Power User

I agree. Each device will connect directly, so you need to like list them one by one if you don't want to have problems connecting each mobile device.

csookis

Can its work with mobile-phone-tracker.org mobile recorder on Android?