cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cyber Essentials questions - Business Hub 5

CyberStu1

Hi There

I have Hub 5 for business and I'm trying to get Cyber Essentials certification for the business. I've got nearly all of it covered but the following two points are proving difficult to answer. Does anyone know if these two items are 'safe' by default?

1. Have all commonly attacked services (SMB, netBIOSm, tftp, RPC, rlogin, rsh, rexec) been disabled or blocked?

2. Confirm that any remote adminsitrative interface has been disabled on all firewall devices

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

markp
Grand Guru

Hi CyberStu1,

I can confim that the BT routers are PCI compliant, and that they cannot be accessed remotely.

Mark

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

markp
Grand Guru

Hi CyberStu1,

I can confim that the BT routers are PCI compliant, and that they cannot be accessed remotely.

Mark

CyberStu1

Many thanks Mark.

Leonardo

Hello MarkP,

What do you mean by being "PCI complaint" and "they can't be accessed remotely". I don't believe the latter is strictly true. Surely any router can be accessed remotely - under certain "specific" circumstances. 

But, a supplementary question. I wish to have a static IP address, as My IP has been hacked and my Network and PCs are compromised. Whilst I am not a BT business customer, I actually have a small business and I am a BT domestic customer. Question: How can I upgrade or migrate to BT Business Broadband account, so I can get my IP changed?

Thank you. Regards, Leonardo

markp
Grand Guru

Hi  @Leonardo,

By access remotely I mean you cannot access them directly. You first need to access a computer behind the router at the location in question then use that computers local connection to the router to make any changes.

If you are wanting to move from home to business broadband so you can get a static IP, you need to contact business sales on 0800 800 152 they can organise the switch over for you.

Markp