cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL Upstream limited to 446kbps

dlwood

Hi

We have a business ADSL2 line.  Currently the Upstream profile has limited to 446Kbps, noise margin is over 30db so there is plenty of room for improvement

Is someone from BT able to check why our profile has been set this low?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

dlwood
Is there anyone from BT that could help here? I would call the help desk. But from previous experience they normally don't know what I'm talking about with these kinds of issues

markp
Grand Guru

Hi dlwood,

depending on your line length and quality 446K for upload could be correct for your line on and ADSL2+ package, if you send me your broadband line number via a private message I can check the line length and advise if you can get more upload speed.

Markp

dlwood

Thanks Mark

PM sent

markp
Grand Guru

Hi dlwood

I have looked at your line and your lines profile I can see no issues with it.  I am afraid the line can only support 446K upload.

markp

dlwood

Thanks for checking Mark, thats much appriciated

Would you be able to tell me what the attanable rate and maximun speed is showing on the DSLAM?

The reason i ask it that from our end we are showing the upstream Noise Margin of 33.5db, and a capacity Used of only 34%.  Which indicates that there is a lot of room for improvement on the 446k its currently getting

Thanks

Dave

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Dave,

I have had the helpdesk run a status check on your line, at the moment the SNR on your upload is 11.5 with the router getting a speed of 446K and an SNR of 16.8 on the download with a speed of 14.3Mb

Markp