cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR WAN error

sliderguy

Hi guys i recently purchased an 8 channel DVR with 4 cameras which i have setup at my workshop.

I mananged to remotely view my cameras over the INTRANET and LAN with success.

Whenever i try to connect WAN at home using my static IP address which i purchased of BT and try to connect it does not work.

To break it down my LAN works fine at my workplace.   (BT Business Hub)

WAN does not work when im at home.   (Virgin Media)          

Postforwarding was done by BT as one of the advisor remotely viewed my computer and set it all up. It was pretty simple.

Ports were set as the same as the DVR as according to the threads and vids an manual etc etc.

So if im understanding this correct if i want to use WAN IP (My static IP 217.68.#.#) then set the port number which is 9000 as it is set on my DVR and on me router at my work place then i should remote view my cameras.

My DVR setting is as follows.

Meda port 09000

web port 00080

IP 92.168.001.100                  (LAN and INTRANETworks as i type this on the software DVR)

subnet mask  225.225.225.00

gateway 192.168.001.001

DNS same as the gateway address.

BT port forwarding as follows:

Name DVR

TCP 9000

UDP9000

TCP 00080

UDP 00080

The above was done as mentioned before from a BT advisor technician.

I hope this is enough info.

HELP i have been on like 50+ sites videos but cant seem to find an answer.

3 REPLIES 3

helpinghands
Power User

If you are using the business hub, it's Default Gateway by default is 192.168.1.254. The Default Gatway on the DVR has to match this for the ports to pass correctly to your DVR.

Change the DVR's WAN Default Gateway to 192.168.001.254.

This will allow you to gain access to the DVR on your single static IP address.

Hope this helps.

sliderguy

Hi i have changed it but still no look. Log on LAN and INTRANET  works but WAN doesnt.

Heres my setup status of my router (HGV-C)

unknown001122778432DVR1-TCP9000
217.41.****

UDP9000
217.41.*****

TCP

UDP

217.41.*****

217.41*****

The ports are correct as are the same in my DVR.

The unknown device is i think the DVR as when i started to setup the DVR first time it may have picked up unknown as DVR.

The DVR1 was done by BT so i know these are correct. But overall i dont think its right. Its conflicting each other.

I cannot delete unknown as it was created by its self. I dont know how to delete it or is it meant to stay there, OR WHAT IS IT.

The 217.41 . . .  is my static IP address by BT.

helpinghands
Power User

You should check that the ports are open to the DVR. You can do this by doing a port check.

Go to a site like ping.eu and do a port check on the static IP and the ports you have opened.

If it shows they are open, the issue is on the DVR. If they are showing closed then the ports are not opened to the correct device.