cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR not showing on my business network

reidi2000

Hello, i operate a DVR system on my network, all setup and i can locally access it. But when i goto http://192.168.1.254 (routers settings) it says that other devices are connected but my DVR isnt? I wish to portforward but i cant without the DVR appearing on the router. But as i can connect to it on a local address (192.168.1.100) i know its connected to my router/network.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

wbasker

Hello Reid2000,

What modem / router / hub are you using?

If you are using a BT Business 2700 / 2701 Hub (sometimes called 2Wire) then:

Go to Settings > Firewall > Allow Applications, Pinholes and DMZ Mode and in Section 1) Select A Computer there should be a box that say's "Enter an IP Address" then Choose. In that box type in the IP address of your DVR (whcih you have stated as 192.168.1.100) then select choose. Once completed that should say, "You have chosen xxxx"

Then once that is done, in Section 2) Edit Firewall Settings For This Computer you will see some grey links along the page and two white boxes underneath it. Below that is a link that states, "Add a new user-defined application" - click that.

On the next page, enter what you need, regarding port numbers, type etc.. then select "Add To List", once that is completed - redo the first step. Once completed, go to the Section 2) Edit Firewall Settings For This Computer and select the, "User Defined" form the grey links along the top. On the left hand side box you will see your custom added port, click that then add - job done!!!!

If you are using the BT Business Hub 3 then:

Logo to the Hub home page via 192.168.1.254 then you will see one of two screens.

It may ask you to reset the Admin password, if so - follow on screen prompts and do so. If you see "My Services" instead, then continuet to next step.

Click on Settings then Advanced Settings then Continue to Advanced Settings

Once there you will then see "Port Forwarding", and in the Devices "Drop Down List" you may see all the devices it can see or detect. If not you can then select "User Defined IP Address" and take it from there.

I hope this helps!!!!

-------------------------
In order to begin solving issues, we need to strip the situation down to it's basic issue / problem and start from the start. Then we can start looking into the complexities of it.

I am here to help!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

wbasker

Hello Reid2000,

What modem / router / hub are you using?

If you are using a BT Business 2700 / 2701 Hub (sometimes called 2Wire) then:

Go to Settings > Firewall > Allow Applications, Pinholes and DMZ Mode and in Section 1) Select A Computer there should be a box that say's "Enter an IP Address" then Choose. In that box type in the IP address of your DVR (whcih you have stated as 192.168.1.100) then select choose. Once completed that should say, "You have chosen xxxx"

Then once that is done, in Section 2) Edit Firewall Settings For This Computer you will see some grey links along the page and two white boxes underneath it. Below that is a link that states, "Add a new user-defined application" - click that.

On the next page, enter what you need, regarding port numbers, type etc.. then select "Add To List", once that is completed - redo the first step. Once completed, go to the Section 2) Edit Firewall Settings For This Computer and select the, "User Defined" form the grey links along the top. On the left hand side box you will see your custom added port, click that then add - job done!!!!

If you are using the BT Business Hub 3 then:

Logo to the Hub home page via 192.168.1.254 then you will see one of two screens.

It may ask you to reset the Admin password, if so - follow on screen prompts and do so. If you see "My Services" instead, then continuet to next step.

Click on Settings then Advanced Settings then Continue to Advanced Settings

Once there you will then see "Port Forwarding", and in the Devices "Drop Down List" you may see all the devices it can see or detect. If not you can then select "User Defined IP Address" and take it from there.

I hope this helps!!!!

-------------------------
In order to begin solving issues, we need to strip the situation down to it's basic issue / problem and start from the start. Then we can start looking into the complexities of it.

I am here to help!

PSC

You'll probably find that your DVR box wont show up in the router because you've no doubt manually entered an IPAddress at the DVR device, therefore the router didn't assign it an IP and isn't fully aware of it on the network.

I personally set the DVR to obtain an IPAddress via DHCP and then under the routers network settings I chose to reserve the given IP Address for the DVR.

You can then easily select it for your port forwarding rules as per the instructions given by the BT employee.