cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Despiration!

phil_pjb

Hi - I write in despiration more than anything... so for now we will excuse the 18 phone calls which I've made to BT Billing, the 4 phones calls BT Credit control (Philippines) which have been receive/made.

In July I received an excess service charge for Broadband (first in 5 years). Incidentially the month before I had cancelled 1 of my phone lines as we went to a VOIP system. I questioned this with accounts and they indicated that I had indeed gone over my allotted 100GB of data but to monitor the situation.

I monitored it to the point of getting the same charge the month after - and the same the month after. Contacted BT who advised an upgrade to unlimted for £5 extra per month for Fibre - I accepted based on a refund of the previous 2 charges for excess usage. They agreed, we were upgraded, great service.

My following 2 bills detailed my promised refunds, so queried this a number of times. (that accounts for 12 of the calls I made). In November, BT finally accepted that I wasn't full of bull$#17 and refunded my account with a charge. Eventually the second one as well. So I went ahead and paid all the outstanding bills on November 6th.

November 8th I receive a large bill with outstanding debt - I contact them again and inform that all bills had been paid. Not to worry.

In December I receive another bill larger than the last - make contact again and inform them of the payments - "Our back off will sort this" - heard that one before.

In January I get another bill, larger than the last. Contact BT, inform them of the payments to **-**-**  ******** (which is the same account i've paid for the last 5 years) and they tell me that account is the wrong one. I don't recall a requirement to change but ok - let me try and sort it. I contact the bank, ask them to recall 6 payments. 2 days later I receive a call from credit control and I try to explain, even in my best broken English I couldn't get on the right wave length.

I attempted to tell him of the payments, their recall through my bank, and the pending payment. He asked if I would like to register a missing payment, as I thought it would only confuse matters further I decided against it, and reminded him of the account that I had paid to, and the account I've been to redirect to, and in the end, as he still didn't know my name I gave up and wished him well.

The cherry on the top - I've paid the bill to the same place for 5 years, to the same account, same reference, and they can't find the payments so I've had to deal with it. The last person that I spoke to said "that account is not a BT account". So I'd like to know whats happened to the other £6k that I've paid to that account.

I don't get it - this type of customer care I would expect from a custody officer that I'd just belted with a crow-bar, not a client that just wants to pay his bills - I understand your branding change from British Telecom though.... I can think of a few other things that BT could stand for, but non of them start with British.

I've tried many times to deal with this - I've tried to pay - I've tried to communicate - I've tried to complain - I've tried everything I can - nothing works... but you can bet your bottom peso that you'll still cut my business off within the next 3 weeks.

Its ironic that the only way you can communicate with someone is through social media and online forums - you're a telecommunications company at heart - wake up!

0 REPLIES 0