cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does BT offer a service for Multiple Different IP for Different Devices?

Advise-Please

Hi everyone,

I am not super Tech savvy guy but i understand the basics so sorry if my terminology is not the greatest with my question. This is why i am on this thread to try find the correct answer of what i am looking for exactly.

I run a few small online business from home that i need different IP addresses for each Computer that i use within our team. They cannot link back to the same IP at all, ever.

At the moment i currently only have a normal BT Boradband package which is used on my main Computer and then i use 6 x EE Dongles on each of our other 6 computers which is causing me to spend a lot of money each month.

I am looking for a solution on how i can have 6-8 different IP addresses available at home hopefully through BT upgrading to some Buisness package or some other solution?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Gareth

4 REPLIES 4

Bobby
Super User

Hey Advise-Please,

That would definitely be possible on a BT Business Broadband service, but you would be limited to a set of 5 static IP addresses that can each be assigned to an individual device on your network - none of those devices would ever share an IP address unless you change this yourself. I believe there used to be a pack of 10 but unfortunately that's not available any more. 

If you think a range of 5 static IP addresses would be enough, then I can get Ryan (who's a moderator on the board) to pop in so that you can get this sorted? He's on holiday at the moment (lucky him) but he's back this week, so I'll let him know that you've posted.

Thanks, Bobby

Advise-Please

Thanks Bobby for the reply. Would this give me 5 unique Wifi addresses to connect 5 different Computers to? 

If so then yes please put me in contact.

Thanks 

Bobby
Super User

Hey,

There would only be one wireless network but each device (up to 5) will have its own individual static IP address assigned when connected to that network. 

Thanks, Bobby

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Gareth

Hope you are well! Sorry I couldn't reply to you sooner on this one! I have just sent you a private message in regards to this. 🙂

Ryan