cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Infinity come with ADSL as well

Flaggers

Given the recent outage I wondered whether Infinity connections also have the ability to be swapped over to ADSL on an ad-hoc basis.

For example if the fibre service had an outage as per this week, or the openreach modem had issues, could i just plug a ADSL modem into the socket and connect with the broadband username/password and have a redundant ADSL connection.

Just curious and dont have time to take business staff offline to test it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Flaggers,

I am afraid the answer is no, as the technology is totally different. If you want to swap over to ADSL as a backup if the fibre goes down, you would need to get a 2nd line installed and get that enabled for broadband to have a backup service.

Mark

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

john46

the two services cannot run on the same line 

Flaggers

I appreciate that two services cannot run on the same line... at the same time.

But I was trying to confirm whether its possible for both ADSL and VDSL services to be enabled so that you could disconnect one and connect the other in an interchangeable manner.

I could guess that there is something at the exchange or a "switch" on your account that does not allow both services without some form of intervention from BT staffers, I only say this due to a recent downgrade of a home Infinity to ADSL that got me curious.

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Flaggers,

I am afraid the answer is no, as the technology is totally different. If you want to swap over to ADSL as a backup if the fibre goes down, you would need to get a 2nd line installed and get that enabled for broadband to have a backup service.

Mark