cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**Draytek 2862 Connection

pmits

We have in our office a standard BT HUB with FTTC. Although this works fine in terms of browsing the internet, they don't really provide much in the way of other technologies eg. vpn access etc.

So, we bought from the BT Shop online, the recommended Draytek 2862 Series router to replace the BT Hub.

The router has been set up with the absolute basics to provide internet access and tested with just a single (new) laptop wired to the Draytek which is connected to the filtered BT plate. This is showing a 35mb connection down and 10mb up.

The problem i get is just general speed browsing the internet. I can browse web pages and sometimes it is quick and other times this is slow. The sometimes it'll think about it for a minute before either displaying the webpage. Gradually browsing will almost grind to a halt, although reporting 35mb connection.

This is not the laptop - it does the same with any device connected. Additionally, it works fine with the BT HUB.

I have contacted BT and run through the settings required for a standard connection with three BT staff. Each one has confirmed there is nothing wrong with the settings. They have run tests on the line, which come back fine (works with BT Hub anyway as I pointed out). I have plugged a phone in, there is no crackles or quietness on the line.

The settings I have are:

Router

Firmware:  3.8.7_BT
DSL Version:  779517_A/B/C HW: A

WAN Setup

Physical Mode: VDSL2
DSL Mode: Auto
Active Mode: Always On
Wan -> Internet Setup
PPPoe/PPPoA: Enabled
VPI/VCI: 0,35 (38 tried)
Encapsualtion: VC MUX
Protocol: PPPoE
Modulation: Multimode
MTU: 1500 (default) - (Tried 1492-1488 as suggested)
Username/Password: myaccount details (have tried with <btnumber>@btbroadband.com)
Fixed IP: Dynamic (have tried with the static)

Apart from the, the rest of the router currerntly is set as standard and has been factory reset (again).

I'd appreciate if anybody has any ideas/advice - especially if they have a working Draytek Router.

Thanks in advance.

0 REPLIES 0