cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epson BX305 Printer

modeltune

When connecting this wireless printer to my network using the providedsoftware, I get the message:-

Confirm security mode.
The security set for the router/access point is not supported by the printer.
For example, a router/access point set to 802.11n with WPA-PSK (TKIP) security is not supported.

Any ideas what I need to do to get it to work?

Many thanks

Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

By the look of it your printer doesn't support certain types of wireless encryption.

The only thing I can suggest is to try temporarily turning wireless security off, and then try connecting the printer.  If that works then you know the printer is probably fine.

Next change your wireless security to WEP, and then try again.  After that just keep moving up the security settings you have available on the router until it stops working, as they are generally listed in order of strength.

If your printer doesn't support the strongest encryption and that is an issue for you, then you should try contacting Epson to see if there are any firmware updates available.

And if not?  Well you could either get a router that has something compatible with the printer, or get another printer.

Dave

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

By the look of it your printer doesn't support certain types of wireless encryption.

The only thing I can suggest is to try temporarily turning wireless security off, and then try connecting the printer.  If that works then you know the printer is probably fine.

Next change your wireless security to WEP, and then try again.  After that just keep moving up the security settings you have available on the router until it stops working, as they are generally listed in order of strength.

If your printer doesn't support the strongest encryption and that is an issue for you, then you should try contacting Epson to see if there are any firmware updates available.

And if not?  Well you could either get a router that has something compatible with the printer, or get another printer.

Dave

iptables101
Power User

These are the security protocols that your printer supports. Make sure the router is set to either one of them. 

WEP – 64bit,
WEP – 128bit,
WPA – PSK (TKIP) – compliant with WPA2,
WPA – PSK (AES) – compliant with WPA2