cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely High latency and inconsistent speeds

Jayc1993

Hi hope you are all well.

For the last few Months our house has been recieving very slow internet speeds and insanly high latency

I moved out of the house away from my family 3 years ago and the speeds were fine, 7mb/s on average and low ping.

i moved back into the house with my family last week and the speeds are just aweful. i checked with bt customer service and aparntly the speeds are getting to the house. I checked my router settings and the downstream for the adsl settings is 7.9mb/s

But why am i not recieveing this? i have been on the phone multiple times and no-one can help me, they suggested i get an engineer out to fix this but said if there is a fault in the property i would be charged £129 which from my experience is disgusting.

i've tried both wireless and wired connections. different devices. the bt customer service crew even tried anything they could do on their side but failed.

i do alot of online gaming and slow internet speeds and high ping is just not good enough for me, currently i recieve between 0.1-2.5mb/s on average with the ping anywhere from 300ms-1000+. but i must add very rarely, usually around 11am, i sometimes get good internet speed 6mb/s+ and a latency of around 50ms which only lasts for around 1 hour at the most.

i'm not pinging a gaming server is japan or anything like that, i've tried local tests and gaming servers.

i even used the speedtest.btwholesale website and i ended up with the same result.

Please can somoene help me? I really don't want to move from bt to hope for better speeds. please let me know if you need anything more. thanks!

Edit: i must also add it's the Bt home hub 4 i'm using.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Jayc1993,

It sounds like you have a home/residential broadband account if you are using a Home Hub 4. As this is the business forum I am not able to advise on your situtation.

If you contact the Home broadband team on 0800 111 4567, by going to www.bt.com/chat or by going to their forum community.bt.com/

I hope this helps

Markp

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Jayc1993,

It sounds like you have a home/residential broadband account if you are using a Home Hub 4. As this is the business forum I am not able to advise on your situtation.

If you contact the Home broadband team on 0800 111 4567, by going to www.bt.com/chat or by going to their forum community.bt.com/

I hope this helps

Markp