cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed I.P for Google Analytics

LinkHamson

Our I.P address keeps changing which I have blocked in google anaytics so our visits are not logged.
I need a method so I don't need to keep changing the I.P in google analytics when the I.P changes...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LinkHamson

@markp wrote:

Hi there @LinkHamson,

If you don't want your IP to keep changing, you can order a single static IP for your business broadband line, which we would auto assign so that it does not keep changing.

Markp

Thanks Markp I'll look into that.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

markp
Grand Guru

Hi there LinkHamson,

If you don't want your IP to keep changing, you can order a single static IP for your business broadband line, which we would auto assign so that it does not keep changing.

Markp

LinkHamson

@markp wrote:

Hi there @LinkHamson,

Markp

Thanks Markp I'll look into that.

LinkHamson

As we have 5 fixed I.P addresses I decided to set these up in the hub assigning the fixed IP addresses to each PC.
I would then block those IP addresses in google analytics.

I tried this on the first PC following this guide:
Configure the BT Business Hubs and assign multiple Static IP addresses | BT Business

But after reboot the PC could not go to webpages getting the message you get when the internet is not connected.
It was possible to go to the google page and search and google analytics real-time did work though.
Could not collect emails either.

Is there something I’m missing?