JohnE

Free FTTP Trial

[ Edited ]
Business trialists wanted for free FTTP Trial in Bradwell Abbey, Chester South, Highams Park, Ashford, York, Ilford and Leytonstone

BT Business is running a small business trial of Fibre to the Premises in Bradwell Abbey, Chester South, Highams Park, Ashford (Middlesex), York, Ilford and Leytonstone, Forest Hill are also now included in the trial.

We want to increase the number of small businesses involved in these trials as this will help us deliver a product that meets our customers’ needs. The trial is free until April 2012 and you can cancel the service at any time during the trial. There is no obligation to continue with the service after the trial ends. If you are interested in the trial please follow these steps:

1. Check whether your business address (or home-based office) is covered:

Enter your BT business landline number and/or road & building number at this site:

www.bt.com/fibrechecker

If the result comes back with "100Mb coming soon" - good news, it actually means you can get it now!
If it doesn't but you are in one of the trial areas mentioned, you may still qualify so also take step 2

2. Register your interest with us at:

BT Business Fibre Trial Registration of Interest

Our trials team will confirm availability to your premises and email you the trial terms & conditions to review and sign electronically. We'll call to answer any queries and then get you into Openreach's system for installation appointments. Within 2-3 weeks you should be up and running (keeping your existing ADSL broadband as backup during the trial).

Full support is available throughout the trial and we’ll also ask for your feedback throughout.

The trial is open to businesses that can be provided service by Openreach within the trial area. 

Home based businesses and teleworkers with business service are also welcome. We are sorry if your address is not covered or if you are in a building type that cannot be covered (NB: office blocks and business parks cannot be covered by Openreach at this stage).

Amasci

Re: Free FTTP Trial

Hi JohnE,

I believe the house we are now in was previously on this trial and after doing several checks and speaking with several agents it would seem that Fibre to the premises is enabled but for some reason I am unable to take this out on the Business side as a Business Package?

Instead I have had to resort to applying and purchasing a new line and new infinity package with the Residential team.

The postcode is MK15 9LA and the telephone number is 01908 678395.

I wondered if you would be able to look into this to see if it is at all possible to stay with BT business on the Fibre to the Premises or be able to be reactivated on the trail at all?

Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks.

groz_2000

I wouldn't bother if I were you.

They'll charge you a fortune, and then when they feel like it, BT will leave you with no service. Go to Zen or another provider. BT can't fix simple faults for me in 3 days, and when you ask to leave, they want to charge you a fortune.

Power User
paragon123

The offer looks good. The trial period woul be essential to decide if we go with it or not.

So far, I'm hearing good news on this.