cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Upgrade the BT 2Wire 2700 to the latest Firmware/Software

robsimmons

Hi,

We have three BT 2700 Routers & one has automatically upgraded to the latest software (BT World on the right - blue text)  but two of them are stuck in the dark ages on the old software (BT World on the left - black & red text).

How can we get this to update please?

Or how do we get the old software to become a BT WiFi hotspot??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dave
Guru

Hi apwinemaster,

I believe there are problems with updating a lot of the routers. However, please see my post in this thread for a workaround:

http://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Broadband-and-internet/Large-file-download-capping/td-p/43124

Dave

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MHC
Guru

The "old" 2700s are, I believe, version4.  This can be checked by going to teh home page and looking at te software version - probably 4.25.33.   If I am correct, they cannot be upgraded to v6.

On the updated device on page http://home/xslt?PAGE=C_0_0 there will be a firmware version probably 6.3.9.63-plus.tm

The older units cannot be configured to provide a WiFi Hotspot and even with te V6 devices, only the primary, I believe, can do that and slave devices cannot.

nimbystripes

As far as I know, the most latest version of BT 2Wire 2700 would be the version 4.xx.

MHC
Guru

@nimbystripes wrote:

As far as I know, the most latest version of BT 2Wire 2700 would be the version 4.xx.

Wrong ...     If you are going to post totally incorrect and misleading information, you would be best not posting at all.

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

Incorrect post noted. Man Frustrated

As far as the firmware is concerned you're right.  Very old versions won't be visible on our systems and so won't be able to upgrade.

If you have an old (v5 or older) Business Hub that won't upgrade then you should contact the Helpdesk, as there's nothing that can be done with it.

Dave

MHC
Guru

@DaveA wrote:

Hi,

Incorrect post noted. Man Frustrated

As far as the firmware is concerned you're right.  Very old versions won't be visible on our systems and so won't be able to upgrade.

If you have an old (v5 or older) Business Hub that won't upgrade then you should contact the Helpdesk, as there's nothing that can be done with it.

Dave

Dave

If a user was to get a copy of V6 firmware (it is out there!) and try to install that on a V4 unit, there is a very, very high probability that it will turn te device into a "brick" !

DaveA
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi,

Very good point.  If it's for the bin then it might be worth a try, but otherwise I would advise against it.

Dave

apwinemaster

I am getting confused messages from BT on-line Business support on this issue. On 30th July, after providing model and serial number of the router, I was told the firmware update would happen within 48 hours.  Nothing has happened and on chasing this up today, Business support didn't know if there was a fix and when my router would be updated.

Like many people I am trying to download Apple's Mountain Lion and at present am getting nowhere.  Can anyone help please?

dave
Guru

Hi apwinemaster,

I believe there are problems with updating a lot of the routers. However, please see my post in this thread for a workaround:

http://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Broadband-and-internet/Large-file-download-capping/td-p/43124

Dave