cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect ASUS RT AC68U Router to BT Business Hub 5 with a static IP.

Markings

Hi! I have just moved my broadband connection from BT Infinity (fibre optic brodband) to a business one with a static IP. I have also received a BT Business Hub 5. Unfortunately I am unable to get my ASUS RT AC68U Router  to work with it. Any help will be very much appreciated.

The connections are as follows:

* Wire from telephone socket to BT Business Hub 5 ADSL port

* Ethernet connection from BT Business Hub 5 WAN port to ASUS RT AC68U Router WAN port

* after that I have tried all the various Network options on the ASUS router PPOe, Automatic IP, etc. but none seem to work.

Help please, I am a novice

7 REPLIES 7

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Markings,

If you want your ASUS router to do all the work like the PPPoE etc, you will need to put the Business hub 5 into bridge mode so that it turns into a basic modem to allow your ASUS to do the PPPoE and IP addressing.

I hope this helps

Mark

Markings

Mark, thank you for the prompt response I will try it and come back to you. I am sure I did it last night but it did not do anything except that the orange light was on on the BT box. I ended up rebooting it and unplugging my ASUS router and it worked fine.

Also, I read that on another thread that if I connect the LAN1 port on BT to my WAN port on the ASUS then it should work too. No idea but I will give it a shot too.

Cheers!

Burkem5
Guru

One thing work mentioning is that the Hub 5 firmware must be version 4.7.5.1.83.8.200 or above in order to work in bridge mode,  in the rare instance that you do not have this or above you will need to contact us to have this upgraded.

Markings

Burkem,

Okie, I will need to check this up to as the suggested approach did not work yesterday. How do I find the firmware version for the hub?

Markings

How do I find the firmware version?

Burkem5
Guru

Its at the very bottom of the routers menu screen (GUI)

thefurmanuk
Power User

Hi,

Did you get this working?