cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub R4 running 2 SSID's independently.

LBM

Hello,

we have a Hub 4 and are looking at a solution to run a staff and a Guest Wifi so that we can control and limit/switch off one independently without affecting the other.

I seem to understand that this feature is included from the Hub 6 onwards, but even then it will only work for max 13 Guests at the time. Being a Cafe, this is not ideal,but we would need to separate the network either via a DMZ or a Guest area.

Can you think of anyway f doing this with the Hub R4 or shall we look at buying another router?

Thanks Al

1 REPLY 1

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi LBM

Sorry to hear you are having issues with this. The Guest Wifi is still a fairly new product and currently does have it's limits, so it may not be suitable enough to meet your needs - however I would recommend contacting our help and support team here to discuss this further. I would not know much in regards to third party routers, and neither would that team - but they can give you more info in regards to the Hub 6 at least. It may be the case that you are more suitable on a thurd party router as ours are designed for basic use and any special configuration may not be possible.

I hope we can help you find a suitable solution for this one!

Regards

Ryan