cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to set up NAT on a BH 3

ttif3120

Can someone help me with this problem please?

I have bought a new CCTV solution based on HD Axis IP cameras all feeding back to a dedicated HP server running iCatcher - a CCTV ap via a switch with Gb ports

The cameras have static local IP address of 192.168.1.xx and so does the server. This works fine - I can view and record all 10 cameras in high resolution.

The problem arose when i realised that the only way to get web access to the server was to re- IP it to one of my static public addresses as supplied by BT.

Having done this the BT hub will crash and reboot itself after 10 minutes because it has to route all the camera feeds from their 192.168 addresses to the servers public address. I've done a tracert which confims this.

The only way I can see to solve this problem is to change the server back to a 192.168. address and somehow NAT one of my spare static public addresses to the 192.168 address of the server. But I don't know how.

Am prepared to invest in a different router if this will enable me to NAT a static address.

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

spank
Grand Guru

Hi there,

The router shouldn't be rebooting with that setup, it should work fine so I would try factory resetting it and setting it back up again.  If it continues to reboot then give the helpdesk a call and have them replace it.

Another thought is that you might not need multiple IP's.  You could change your package to single static which will assign the BT Hub the same address every time it connects, unlike the Multi IP option which always assigns a dynamic IP to the Hub, then use port forwarding to your server.

Again the helpdesk can help if you choose that option.

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

spank
Grand Guru

Hi there,

The router shouldn't be rebooting with that setup, it should work fine so I would try factory resetting it and setting it back up again.  If it continues to reboot then give the helpdesk a call and have them replace it.

Another thought is that you might not need multiple IP's.  You could change your package to single static which will assign the BT Hub the same address every time it connects, unlike the Multi IP option which always assigns a dynamic IP to the Hub, then use port forwarding to your server.

Again the helpdesk can help if you choose that option.

Thanks