cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile set low on New connection

dlwood

Hi

I posted this over on the Community Forums, but as this was a business line they have asked me to post here.

We have had a new ADSL line installed, and after waiting the initial 10 Days our connection profile appears to be stuck very low, although our attainable rates are good and noise margin is through the roof.  These are the stats from our router (its a Cisco, but it does the same with the BT hub).  I have called BT support but they insisted nothing was wrong and that there was nothing they could do

Modem Status:            TC Sync (Showtime!)
DSL Config Mode:         AUTO
Trained Mode:            G.992.1 (ADSL) Annex A

DS Channel1     DS Channel0   US Channel1       US Channel0
Speed (kbps):             0             1152             0               288

Attainable Rate:          0           10968             0             1204

Line Attenuation:        30.5 dB                 16.5 dB
Signal Attenuation:      30.5 dB                  0.0 dB
Noise Margin:            48.2 dB                 28.0 dB

6 REPLIES 6

spank
Grand Guru

Hi there,

It does look like you have a line fault.  Did the helpdesk ask you to go into the test socket?

Have you also checked to see if your line is capable of the speeds you expect?

You can check here - https://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker

markp
Grand Guru

Hi dlwood,

Can you send me a private message with your contact details and the phone number of the line and I will get the helpdesk to have another look at the line for you.

Markp

dlwood

Thanks Mark.  PM sent

dlwood

Hi Spank

The line itself looks healthy as the attainable rate is good, and there are no errors to speak of.  The issue appears to be the profile the line is stuck on.

Interesting thing is that evertime we try do a "further diagnostics" test on the BTW Performnace Test (http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/) which will normally tell you what IP profile your line is on we get the following error:

The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.

dlwood

Thanks to anyone that assisted, our speed shot up last night to this:

DS Channel1     DS Channel0   US Channel1       US Channel0
Speed (kbps):             0             8128             0               832

markp
Grand Guru

Hi dlwood,

that is good news, your profile was not incorrect.  What the issue was, is that your line was capped at 1Mb, I was able to get a order put through to remove the cap for you.

Markp