cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infinity Business Broadband Fluctuating Wildly

Llyn

My BT Business has been fluctuating massively since last Friday afternoon 6th July. My speeds have always been a constant 30mb download and 7.5mb upload before this. Since last Friday afternoon they vary massively between 30mb and less than 2mb download.  Three engineers have been here this week, the last one today who could find no fault in the premises and the same issues occured for him when he plugged my ethernet cable into his laptop.

The same thing happens each day I boot up at say 7am and the speed is fine, then its starts to yo-yo all day until around 4pm everyday when speeds drop dramatically to say 5or 6 the graduly tails off untill by 11 pm I am on less than 2mb dowload Smiley Sad

I am my wits end with this having lost three days hanging around for engineers to turn up and getting no better connection. They at first thought it was my old hub 5, so they changed that to business hub 6 but nothing changed. BT themselves seem at a total loss as to whats going on and my patience has worn thin. I pay through the nose for a business service that is not being provided and unless its fixed asap I consider them in breach of contract and will change my provider.  

As anyone else expiranced this issue ?

2 REPLIES 2

raccoons

Hi, @Llyn I saw your name was Llyn and was wondering if you were are on the Llyn Peninsua? A few of us that are conected to the Llanbedrog exchange are having the exact same problem. We have posted on the community forum.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Vry-swlow-infinity-2-speeds-in-the-evening/td-p/18609...

If not, sorry to have botherd you 🙂

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Llyn

Very sorry to hear you are having ongoing issues. I would recommend contacting our technical heldesk again on 0800 800 154, or via livechat. If you are having ongoing issue and multiple engineers then I would suggest you request them to raise a complaint, so that we can chase it up for you until it is sorted. By the sounds of it, you have only had internal engineers which could be Healthcheck technicians rather than Openreach engineers - as if they could replicate the fault and were Openreach engineers they should then be able to work externally rather than just internally.

I hope you get a resolution with this one ASAP!

Regards

Ryan