cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation nightmare (ongoing)

mstokes

Until last Thursday I had a perfectly serviceable VDSL2 service.  I had ordered a G.Fast upgrade and the hub 6 and 4G dongle had arrived on 2 October at 09:22 by Royal Mail.  The salesman had told me my appointment was likely to be Friday 9 October.

On Thursday 8 October I plugged up the kit and it all worked with the VDSL, including the 4G Assure; I even got an email with a BT Fault reference because the broadband wasn't connected to the hub and so the 4G screamed "the broadband's broken!"

On Wednesday I got a text from BT saying "We are connecting you on Friday 9 October by midnight".  Overnight Thursday the VDSL service ceased so Friday morning there was no broadband but the 4G was doing its job, 10Mb down 1Mb up.  I waited for some contact with BT; nothing.  At 18:30 with no change in the situation I power cycled the hub after which there was neither the broadband nor the 4G working.

Checking the tracking I find I have an appointment at 13:00 on Monday (today).  At 10:00 I get a jolly text from BT saying "Your service should be active. Just checking in to make sure everything's OK".  I replied "No. Power cycled and still nothing, nor 4G". They reply "We will contact you within 4 hours. Bye for now".  At 15:39 I text "No change here".  No response from BT.  At 16:30 I check the tracking and find my appointment is listed as 'Cancelled'.  Does this entitle me to £130 plus VAT for a missed appointment?

I did notice that the tracking seems to have no knowledge of the hub and 4G being delivered ten days earlier.  I also noticed that the VDSL termination shows 'Completed' with a different order number, which does explain why I got a nasty email about service cancellation and paying (non-existent) arrears on account etc. and also why the left hand took the VDSL away but the right hand didn't give me the G.Fast

So where does that leave me?  The install order says 'In progress', the delivery shows despatched but not received yet and my appointment shows today at 13:00 and 'Cancelled'.  And no contact with BT of any sort after 16:30.

If you have bothered to read this far then thank you; I hope you just might be BT with an interest in making your organisation look slightly more professional in the eyes of your client base.  If so my order number is GBT2248Q76.

0 REPLIES 0