cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JET_errFileAccessDenied

NeilCairns

Hi
I'm trying to put a restored EDB in to a clean shutdown state (its currently saying its in a dirty shutdown state). However when I run the command I get this back;

Operation terminated with error -1032 (JET_errFileAccessDenied, Cannot access file, the file is locked or in use) after 30.93 seconds.
If I use handle.exe to show the handles for objects in use then that recovered EDB doesn’t appear in the list. The main EDB does but this recovered one (that will be part of a recovery group) doesn't.
There's no AV installed (I removed it to see whether this was causing the issue though it did have an EDB exclusion). 
Any ideas what may be the cause?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

henriksen
I think it is the log file that is locked. You might try a few things- cheating by moving the log files to another location and only leaving the essential log files or checking the properties on the log files. Or you can try to restore the file from backup. And if you haven't it you can try to use third-party tools like Exchange Server Recovery Toolbox for example. Or try A reboot server. May be it help. Always make a copy of your edb files before running any maintenance on them. http://www.oemailrecovery.com/exchange_server_recovery.html

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

henriksen
I think it is the log file that is locked. You might try a few things- cheating by moving the log files to another location and only leaving the essential log files or checking the properties on the log files. Or you can try to restore the file from backup. And if you haven't it you can try to use third-party tools like Exchange Server Recovery Toolbox for example. Or try A reboot server. May be it help. Always make a copy of your edb files before running any maintenance on them. http://www.oemailrecovery.com/exchange_server_recovery.html

NeilCairns

I am very grateful for your advice. Thank you very much! The issue has been resolved.)