cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping btconnect email addresses when moving to residential broadband

Briancoomber
Hi
I have a BT business total broadband package that was originally provided by my work but i now pay for. I have a separate domestic BT line rental and unlimited evenings & weekends call package.

Is it possible to transfer the BT business broadband to a BT home broadband package (i.e. combine with my domestic calls/rental in one package) AND keep my @btconnect.com email address?

I've had the same btconnect email now for the best part of 10 years and it would be a real pain to switch!

If it is possible how do i go about doing it - will it involve mac codes etc. ?

I'm out of the initial 24 month period of the BT business broadband.

Any pointers much appreciated
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Briancoomber,

A hosting pack is £6 a month, you can contact sales to get it added to the account, or if you want you can send me your broadband details through a private message and I can resond to you and get it added to the account doe you.

Markp

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Briancoomber

it is possible to tranfers your business phone and broadband over to a home/domestics account, but you are not able to transfer the the Business (@btconnect.com) email address. This is due to Business and Domestics having different servers.

To keep your Business (@btconnect.com) email address active after you have moved to a home/domestic account, you would need to purcshase a hosting pack to keep the address active.

Markp

Briancoomber
Thank you for your response, please can you let me know how I purchase the hosting pack that you refer to and how much is it?

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Briancoomber,

A hosting pack is £6 a month, you can contact sales to get it added to the account, or if you want you can send me your broadband details through a private message and I can resond to you and get it added to the account doe you.

Markp

Briancoomber

Did you receive my Private Message?

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Briancoomber,

yes I have and I have looked at the account and replied too you.

Markp

terryw

I am one of the old Business Broadband customers who had it running on a residential line. I am now in the process of moving home and understand I will lose the business broadband. Can someone advise if  I can keep my btconnect email address even if I do not use a BT doemstic broadband service.

Thanks

markp
Grand Guru

Hi terryw

you can keep using your @btconnect.com email address, as long as you have a paid for service on the account to keep it active, we would put a hosting pack on your account which would be billed monthly/quartley depending on your prefernce.

Markp