cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency Problems

Misteron

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000241 EndHTML:000027213 StartFragment:000017843 EndFragment:000027070 StartSelection:000018347 EndSelection:000027010 SourceURL:https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-broadband/Latency-Problems/m-p/1924288Re: Latency Problems - BT Community

Latency Problems

Hi All,

I have a problem with latency. I moved to my curent address around a year ago and had the broadband moved from my business address. I was told that the speeds would be lower because we now live in a rural location and fibre wasn't available. Things were ok until we had a lightning strike on a local telegraph pole which took out the service for a few days. When the service returned the internet started playing up, random disconnections, slow speeds etc so a case was opened and an engineer was sent out to check the line. This was over a year ago, we have now had 7 or 8 engineer visits, 5 replacement hub 6's, many line re-sets. The system became fairly stable but with random and frequent disconections, not loss of sync, just disconnect for a few seconds and then re-connect but no line problems were found, although a problem was found with the line setup, apparantly there were two numbers associated with the circuit which I was told couldn't happen! Eventualy a cease and restore was carried out which was supposed to clear any problems. We now have a download of @ 6.5mb, an upload of .5mb but a latency of 1500 or more which is causing reliability problems. Openreach have now said that it is a setup problem which BT are having trouble finding. Any ideas would be gratefully received. Here is the setup of our Circuit.

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Numberxxxxxxxxxxx on Exchange WHIMPLE is served by Cabinet 5

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date   ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperObserved SpeedsVDSLADSLOther Offerings     Availability Date   Premise environmentStatus
FTTP on Demand33030--Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 6.5--5.5 to 7.5Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 6.5Up to 15.5 to 7.5Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 6.5--5.5 to 7.5Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available---- 
Fixed Rate2 ----Available---- 
Max Observed Downstream Speed (Mbps)--8.25     
Max Upstream Observed Speed (Mbps)--0.89     
Observed Date--2019-01-16     
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapU      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date08-02-2019      

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market A Exchange.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Oct-2013; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note:

Thank you for your interest.

2 REPLIES 2

Spencer2J

While all computer networks possess some inherent amount of latency, the amount varies and can suddenly increase for various reasons

Sobac

"postcode and address check results are indicative only." But you can get precise results by them. It's only necessary to search by corrects postcodes. Basically, you can do it on postcodefinder.net