cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking into Business Internet, A Few Questions

Hect0r

Hello,

First let me give you a jist of my idea, I currently reside in a house which im currently setting up as a business.

The business is a web host and fpga hosting service which I need alot of bandwidth im guessing.

My first question is, The upload speed, I need around 1.00 MBps for the service to be reliable, I currently have a DSL line (not fibre, but will be in future), what is the fastest upload that you can get with any of the business internet packages ? minus fibre.

Secondly, Do you rent out ip addresses ? so say if I want 5 ip addresses to lead back to the hub, is that possiable ?

Thanks !

Jed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Plumly
Grand Master
Hi Jed depending on what DSL service you have available in the area the highest a ADSL2+ upload speed is 1Meg, but that would be for almost perfect line With that being the case there isn't a DSL Service which offers a guarenteed upload speed which you need, you could go with a BT Net LEased line which has a guarenteed upload speed, with a SLA on Fix etc but this is the expensive option going into several Hundred pound a month, BT Allow Rental of IP address on business service Single - No Nat 8 and No Nat 16 Products,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Plumly
Grand Master
Hi Jed depending on what DSL service you have available in the area the highest a ADSL2+ upload speed is 1Meg, but that would be for almost perfect line With that being the case there isn't a DSL Service which offers a guarenteed upload speed which you need, you could go with a BT Net LEased line which has a guarenteed upload speed, with a SLA on Fix etc but this is the expensive option going into several Hundred pound a month, BT Allow Rental of IP address on business service Single - No Nat 8 and No Nat 16 Products,