cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC Code for Business Broadband Account - Who on earth do i contact????

declan-clark

I am trying to access a MAC code for a Business account line as my business is having a server changeover.

I was on the phone to BT yesterday (26/01/11) for well over an hour, was transferred 4 times by different members of staff and was then placed on hold for 15 mins before i was cut off and the line went dead!

I also tried the online chat function twice, both time i was given incorrect numbers - the numbers I was given appeared to be for landline accounts, not business.

I have again tried calling this morning to no avail. Could someone please contact me ASAP about this issue as I really need a solution to this matter.

We will be making a formal complaint to BT about this issue as we have wasted so much time on this and it is delaying the whole process of the server changeover which affecting many of the staff in my business.

Regards

Declan Clark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tracey
Guru

Hi Noreen,

I completely understand the frustration this is causing for you, however as I have advised declan-clark, we are not able to assist with the cancellation of any product on the forum.

Cancellations must be dealt with by the Cancellations team.

I apologise you are not getting the help and support you require from the agents however the Customer Options team are still part of the cancellations team, they are however another team within the cancellations where the MAC codes must come from. In order to speak to them you are transferred.

Hope this of help

Tracey

BT Business Forum Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tracey
Guru

Hi declan-clark,

Sorry to read about the issues you are having with obtaining your MAC code.

I am afraid we are not able to supply this to you. When you sign up to the BT Business Forum, we advise customer to read the Forum Guidelines.

You can contact the cancellations team on - 0800 800 152 opt 4, this is for the BT Business.

We also have all the contact options for our cancellations team here.

Hope this helps

Tracey

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.

Noreen

Tracey,

I fully support the information Declan-clark has supplied.

I have just telephoned the number you provided in your message, and the agent (Darren) stated it is the "Customers Options Team" that issue MAC codes, and promptly transferred me. Does ANYBODY at BT actually know who does what?

Consequently, I've since been waiting in one of your eternal queues for someone to pick up for aeons - I suspect that this is a ploy by BT to stop customers terminating the APPALLING "service" provided by your company.

I consider this unfair practice and will have no option but to take legal action if my call is not answered and a MAC code not provided forthwith.

I hope this leaves you with a clear idea of the level of frustration and dissatisfaction your service has prompted.

Noreen

Tracey
Guru

Hi Noreen,

I completely understand the frustration this is causing for you, however as I have advised declan-clark, we are not able to assist with the cancellation of any product on the forum.

Cancellations must be dealt with by the Cancellations team.

I apologise you are not getting the help and support you require from the agents however the Customer Options team are still part of the cancellations team, they are however another team within the cancellations where the MAC codes must come from. In order to speak to them you are transferred.

Hope this of help

Tracey