cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving and Account mess up

Frustrated101

*I have posted this message already but I am unable to find it*

I was with BT for several years, and switched to Sky for a cheaper package for my Broadband and landline.

I was then moving house but was told that I could not take the landline number with me via Sky. 

I had to cancel my Sky account, open a new BT account at the address I was moving from before I could then arrange for a new BT account including my existing landline number at the new address. 

I had to pay installation fees of £137 plus vat to the old address despite BT knowing I did not want nor need the service at that address. I also had to pay installation fees for the new address.

Eventually BT completed the transfer from Sky at the old address.

Transferring into my new address was fraught various delays and installation errors for which BT agreed to pay £500 compensation by means of a credit to my account. 

The second address was a temporary address and within 6 months I moved house again. 

BT installed the broadband service to the new (3rd) address. But have not transferred the landline.

All three addresses are in the same village and area code.

I still had credit left from the compensation that I had been awarded, however this has not been recognised on my BT account. BT suspended my account despite being in credit.

Calls to BT staff to resolve this issue have been unsuccessful. 

They have been billing my first address for the account that I never wanted nor used for £802.47.

I now have three problems.

1. BT have not transferred my landline number to my new address. 

2. Have been sending bills to the first address in a totally random business name which uses my surname. As an example lets say my name is Smith, they have been billing to "Smiths Service Station" which is an unknown entity. These bills amount to £802.47 pence for a "final bill balance"

3. They have failed to tranfer the compensation credited to my account.

Trying to explain these issues over the phone to a call centre is very difficult, extremely stressful and gets me nowhere.

Who can I speak to without going through a call centre and having to explain the problem over and over again.

0 REPLIES 0