cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help : How to create 1KM Wifi zone ??

samit

Hey friends,

I am Sam, im very much interested to start my owen business .my project is wifi zone 1km long rang .please any one suggest me how i am start my business. how many device i need to create 1 km long range wifi zone? please suggest me .

5 REPLIES 5

Plumly
Grand Master

That is a very difficult question to answer based on the info, you haven't told us the idea of what your doing, 

I.e. are you wanting anyone at anypoint to login, are you wanting security, 

are you wanting it chargeable, 

who will be using it 

All this will depend on the equipment, 

samit

my main theme is local Internet service provider. basically my user are clients.they  subscribe my wifi connection.my wifi zone coverage distance 1 KM.so now tel me whats type of device need to setup run this business.

Plumly
Grand Master

good luck, 

here is a link which might help, 

http://hubpages.com/technology/How-to-Build-a-Large-Citywide-WiFi-HotspotZone

i don't think there is 1 Device that could give you a wifi Area of 1k, you would need a few all linked together, unless you use somthing like 3/4G

you will need to have a think about the legal requirements as well, as if the UK Govermnt get there way the ISPs (you) will need to hold all basic data Browsing done by Individuels, so that would fall on you, and you would need to set this up and keep 

samit

Thanks 

RichCreedy
Super User

some outdoor access points can be used for this, some can transmit point to point 20KM