cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear GS724T v3 Switch and Bt Business Smart Hub

nightsurfer2002

Netgear GS724T v3 Switch and Bt Business Smart Hub

I have a a BT Internet connection on my local community centre, supplied via a BT Business Smart Hub. This is connected to a Netgear GS724T v3 Smart Switch.

On this switch 6 ports are for the office computers and the CCTV feed.

The remaining ports feed various switches on the site for the other users.

I need to setup this up so the others users can't see or access information from the office computers.

I've looked online into VLAN's and Subnetting, and can set up a separate Vlan for the 6 office ports, but when i do this they cant seem to access the Internet.

I've setup a separate Vlan called 'Office' on Vlan 4

I then used the PVid to allocate the ports 1-6 to Vlan 4 and remove them from Vlan 1

My Feed from the Bt Hub comes into Port 24 of the Switch -

Do i change this to T on Vlan 4 and Vlan 1?

Do I need to alter any setting in the Bt Hub ?

Any help would be appreciated

3 REPLIES 3

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Nightsurfer2002

Hope you are well. In regards to this one I'l be honest in saying I am unsure what you would need to do in regards to this one, it is not something I have had any experience with - however I will reach out to a few colleagues within a few of our technical teams and will see if I can come up with an answer for you. 🙂

Regards

Ryan

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hello again

I have spoken with agents in a few of our departments, including our extended IT Support team, and the support we can offer from our side is quite limited to be honest. The Hub 6 is not configured to support VLANS so I think the best place to seek support would be from the Netgear side of things.

Alternatively as mentioned before, someone else on the forum may have more knowledge regarding the situation at hand, and if so - hopeylly they can provide more assistance.

My apologies that I could not be of more use with this one!

Regards

Ryan

regchan

you need a Vlan aware router like draytek and edge router Ubiquiti