cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach information wrong preventing FttC order

gmc_bcr

Hi, we are located on a road within an industrial estate. We share a building with two other companies that both have FttC connections (verified), and the buildings either side of us can order FttC. However, when I put our address into the BT website (even the DSL checker here: http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.AddressOutput), it says that we are unable to order FttC and have to resort to ADSL instead.

When we had our ADSL connection installed (not from BT), the Openreach engineer said that our cabinet was fibre-enabled so we should be able to order it. How can we go about getting Openreach's database changed?

1 REPLY 1

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi gmc_bcr

Sorry for the late reply. With this one, it could be a case that the cabinet you are on is fibre enabled, but that all of the fibre ports have already been filled up. In regards to this issue we would really only be able to order you whatever service Openreach are advising is available. In terms of getting in touch with Openreach I would say the best way to do so would be to contact them here, and they should hopefully be able to look into this more in depth for you.

I hope you are able to make some progress with this one!

Regards

Ryan