cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE! Where can I get help?

niknak

I originally posted this in August, but since then things have gone from bad to worse!

I have so been looking forward to moving into my new office, but now it has become a nightmare! We are a small business, based on a farm, with our office in a porta cabin. The old porta cabin is past it's sell by date, so we have bought a new one, fitted it all out, and it is positioned about 20 feet away from the old one. 

BT Local Business (represented by Victory Communications Ltd) just happened to contact us at the beginning of July, so I explained the situation and said that we would like a new phone system and super fast broadband in our new office. They came up with a package: 2 base cloud phones, 1 cloud handset for the workshop, 1 BT mobile (as my mobile was due for renewal too, and I'm fed up with EE). We were advised that rather than move our current line for the broadband, which would incur a cost of approx £100, that we would be better off having a new line, as at the moment, it is free of charge.

Eventually someone from BT turned up to look at what was needed, although he was next to useless, not even knowing what he was supposed to be looking for. Next we get a sales order...please sign this for £300+ for excess construction. 

The phone mast is situated within 2 feet of the new office. On the roof of the new office are 2 x disconnected phone lines from another business that recently left the complex. Our current lines, 2 analoque and 2 digital line are only 20 feet away. But I am unable to get any information from BT, from Victory Communications or from Openreach as to what these charges are for!

I have now spent 2 days on the phone to various people, and numorous emails, and finally I have been told that someone will look into it and get back to me within 2 weeks! Our new broadband and phone system is supposed to be up and running for the 1st September, and they've had nearly 2 months to get this sorted.

If I hadn't signed the phone contract and mobile contract, I would go somewhere else! I am one very dis-gruntled customer!

As I sit here typing, I am using my mobile to call BT business help. I can't use my expensive new cloud phones, because my new infinity broadband doesn't stay connected for long enough to be certain of completing my call.

My nightmare with BT services just gets worse and worse. I have been billed £600 for items and services that I haven't had, I have been billed for items that we were told would be free of charge, and if nearly £1000 worth of bills that I shouldn't have isn't enough, the 'services' that I am being billed for don't work for most of the time!

I am losing business, as for at least 50% of each day, the cloud based phones don't work, I can't call out and customers can't call in. I am unable to do my accounts as they are cloud based, and my internet only works for 10-15 mins before going down, and then takes anything up to half an hour to come back. 

I cannot run a business like this. Please can someone tell me what I can do about this? I am at my wit's end!

After waiting on hold for 16 minutes, I get through to someone at BT business support, who 'tests' my internet and can see that we have been having major problems, who says he will get on to the supplier (?? I thought BT was the supplier??), but that if it turns out that our equipment is at fault, we will be billed!!! I haven't even had the 'equipment' for 3 weeks yet! Supplied by BT, it has never really worked, and now they are threatening to bill me???

BT, I would like response!

3 REPLIES 3

spank
Grand Guru

Hi there,

Sounds like a nightmare!

Just answering the comments at the end of your post; BT will always advise potential engineer charges, even if the line is clearly at fault.  An agent on the phone can never be 100% sure it's not your premisis, customer sometimes fail to be completely forthcoming with their setup so 'potential' charges are always advised.

If you are sure it's the line then agree to the potential charges and get someone out to fix it.

As for the billing issues I would call the helpdesk and ask the agent to either consult their manager or coach and get someone to take ownership of your case until completion.

Thanks

niknak

Thanks for replying. It's more than BT have bothered to do! Things go from bad to worse. I have raised a complaint, been issued with a reference number, and I was told to contact the billing team with the reference number, which I did. Since then I have been sent a further bill, and 2 x letters demanding payment. I have no responce from the people that are susposed to be investigating the complaint/dispute. 

Yesterday, in response to the most recent letter, I emailed the billing team, with my reference number (again!), and today I receive an email saying that the ref number I gave has been closed. But I have still had no contact from anyone!

What do I do next?

markp
Grand Guru

Hi niknak,

0I realise you posted this a while ago and hoping you’ve already found the answer you needed, firts point about the broadband not working properly, has the helpdesk been able to get this resolved for you?

When they say they are putting it to supplier, they mean they are passing it to BT Wholsesale who is the supplier for most ISP's like BT Business.

As for the billing issues, they do need to be looked into by the billing team themselves.  If you send me a Private message with the reference you were given, I can  ask billing to look into it and get back to you with what they are going to do, to resolve the matter.

markp