cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Upload speed - 1/2 Mbps

skhudy

aving problems on our BT Fibre broadband. the Upstream is terrible.

The broadband on the fax line seems quite sluggish, and we had an openreach engineer in a couple of weeks ago as I complained about the speed and the broadband occassionally dropping. After doing all his testing and not findiing a problem, he noticed the upsteam on the router was very low (500kbs). He tested with a spare hub in the van, which showed a much higher upstream and got a new hub ordered, and I believe with the replacement the upsteam was much faster.

Forward 2 weeks, and the internet speed doesn't seem right. Had a check on the router (BT Business Hub) and it is showing - 

(  182.290000) PPPoE is up - Down Rate=54074Kbps, Up Rate=575Kbps; SNR Margin Down=6.0dB, Up=7.2dB

BT speed testing site is showing - download 35Mbps (Max achievable 50Mbps) and upload of 0.46Mbps (Max achievable 20Mbps)

There is another engineer booked for next week, I'm suspecting all the tests will come back clear again and we're going to get another router. Does anyone have any ideas what the issue could be? We're a business and rely on the internet, this is affecting us day to day.

0 REPLIES 0