cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port FOrwarding for CCTV on Business hub

asm76

Hello!

I'm trying to help a friend who has recently got BT Business broadband with static external IP address set up his CCTV system to allow him to view his cameras off site.

I've given the DVR a static public IP, port forwarded the relevant ports, added firewall rules to allow traffic but when checking the ports remain closed.

IP: 86.175.249:100

SubnetMask: 225.225.225.248

Default Gateway: 86.175.249.101

DNS are 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

Any help greatly received, cos I'm pulling my hair out! AM I missing something?

3 REPLIES 3

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi asm76

Hope you are well - sorry to hear you are having these issues!

If you are opening the ports, and if they show open in the router settings page but show closed when you then try to externally check them, there could potentially be a fault there. Usually these faults would escalate to our second line team. I would recommend giving our technical helpdesk a call on 0800 800 154, explaing that the ports have been opened - they should do some extra checks with you, trying to test the ports etc, and may escalate to the 2nd line team or our Enhanced Support team if need be.

Regards

Ryan

asm76
Oh my days! Kudos to the BT 1st and 2nd line support for being on the phone with me for 2hours tonight!

I shared my screen and had them confirm all my port forwarding rules were sound, which they were. Then they reallocated 5 static IP addresses to the account, and put me through to 2nd line support who confirmed everything was as it should be.

Could we get ports 80 and 50100 to open, not on your nelly!

So now we have to wait for a new smart hub and repeat the process.

I've never had issues like this when port forwarding. It's crazy.

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Ah, doesn't sound good at all! Definitely a bit of a strange one - 80 is one of the most common ports we help customers open, so shouldn't be any issues there normally. I suppose by process of elimination it could be that router.

All the best with this one - I hope that router does the trick. If not, I'd say the 2nd line team are your best bet for success with that. I hope everything works itself out soon for you!

Regards

Ryan