cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding on Business Hub 6

Lloyd_mcse

Hi,

I recieved my new BT Business Hub 6 today, got most of it set up only to find that I can only create one port forwarding rule for port 80 and point it at one of the static Public IPs so I am unable to open ports for both of our servers. Each server has http, mail, ftp, dns etc all using the same ports - the default ports for the service.

I've been forced to go back to our BT Business Hub 3 where I have multiple (one for each of our static IPs) port forwarding rules for port 80 and 443 created and assigned to their devices and working great.

Is there a way to do this with the new hub? I can't seem to find a way, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Regards

Lloyd

3 REPLIES 3

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Lloyd

Very sorry for the delayed reply. Please see our SmartHub guide whic hmay be of assistance with the Port Forwarding - if you have no joy with this I would recommend giving our technical team a call on 0800 800 154 - and they can take a deeper look into this for you.

Regards

Ryan

Lloyd_mcse

Hi Ryan,

I have tried what is suggested in the article, I tried adding individual IP addresses and my Public IP Range in the "Custom Configuration" neither let anything through, the only way to get anything through is to add the rule and device in Port Forwarding which gives me the same result...I can only open port 80 (for example) on one device/Public IP, as soon as I try and create a second rule for my other server it get an error "Invalid Port Range", it seems impossible to open port 80 (or any other) on more than one Public IP on this router! 

And now for some reason my Business Hub 3 will no longer connect, I'm now waiting for my username and password so I can try and enter that on it or I'll have to look at other hosting options.

Regards

Lloyd

Lloyd_mcse

Finally my old BT Business Hub 3 will now connect, so I have a fully functioning IP Range...if I want to open every "famous server" on each IP I can!

So this new hub is a total waste of time and money! Wheather it's incompetence or trying to force me into buying other solutions from them I don't know, what I do know is I won't be with BT Business for much longer, time to plan my escape!

Regards

Lloyd