Broadband
Get support for BT Business Broadband and wi-fi products including hubs and BTnet.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Frequently asked questions - Broadband

How do I do wiring checks? If you’re having trouble with your broadband, we recommend doing some simple wiring checks to find out what’s causing the issue. The checks differ slightly depending on what socket you have. Here’s a link to the guide for d...

BethM by Administrator
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

The new way to test your service

If you’d like to test your fibre broadband service without having to call us, we now have a new text service which can run tests without all the hassle - text Fault followed by your broadband telephone number to 60148. Your mobile will need to be reg...

sms.png
BethM by Administrator
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Bridge/Routed Mode: Block of 5 IP's possible?

Hello,I currently have a Hub2 in bridge/routed mode with a Meraki MX behind which is doing the PPPoE and firewalling. I have a single static IP.  I have enquired about adding a block of 5 IPs and was told this is available for an extra cost. Fine.I j...

DDIT by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Openreach are a closed shop!

9 weeks in and over 2 weeks since opening our shop, Openreach are yet to install the cables to connect us. We are a small business and need internet to run our software. At the moment we have a Gigacube using 3G but it can't cope with the level of da...

@btconnect.com email address and residential FTTP broadband

I have currently a BT Business Broadband account*  with two @btconnect.com email addresses and a "digital landline" with a couple of Yealink phone handsets.As the business activity has ceased I want to change to a BT residential broadband package (FT...

rob-SMR by Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why has my premium gone up but new customers pay £37 less?

I have 900Mb broadband no extras and this month it went up from £60 to £77, I was warned of this due to inflation.But looking at the sales page and none of the broadband packages went up with inflation for new customers, so 900Mb is £54.99 but curren...

goudd by Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Business Smart Hub 2 Port forwarding problem

I've accepted that there probably isn't a "solution" to this but are the Firmware developers even aware that it is an issue?Running a 3CX server behind a Smart hub 2 currently requires a DMZ configuration. Strictly speaking to pass the server's tests...

obroad by Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows 10 is ignoring the DHCP configured DNS server

This MIGHT be a Windows thing not a Smart Hub 2 thing but just in case...I'm using a local DNS proxy for ... reasons. I've configured the Smart Hub DHCP to supply the address of the proxy and for months it seemed to be working.Recently I've found tha...

obroad by Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

SMart Hub 2 Causes Business Network To Fail

Hi,Wondered if anyone had any ideas. I have a business network which has domain controllers, sql servers, mail and laptops etc.  I have moved to BT because Plus Net are closing their business services. I was switched from Plusnet to BT over weekend a...

pgs01 by Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

BT Guest WiFi with Discs

Is it still the case that BT_Guest_WiFi is not supported by the extender discs? I run a cafe in an old building, with my main customer seating area on the ground floor and my router on the second floor.  If Guest WiFi isn't repeated by the discs, it ...