cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Broadband contracts & availability

merigobe4

First off, apologies if this isn’t really the most appropriate place to post this - I tried to see if there were better suited places but couldn’t really find anything. If anyone does know of a more appropriate sub, feel free to let me know!

So back in July I moved to my current rented property and transferred our BT broadband to this new address. Because the property was a new build, it meant phoning up BT and manually telling them my new address etc. During this, the rep told us we could get much faster speeds under a new package and contract for the same price as we were currently paying so it seemed like a no-brainer at the time.

Fast forward to now and rather unexpectedly we’ve been able to buy a house much sooner than originally predicted and will be moving in around 1-2 months time (our current rental was a 6 month initial tenancy thankfully). The only issue is that the new development we’ll be moving to isn’t served by Openreach and will rely on Persimmon’s own poxy infrastructure FibreNest meaning we’ll be unable to transfer our current broadband.

Has anybody had experience with this type of situation before or knows if we’ll be able to exit our 18 month contract without being liable to pay the exit fees? Ive read about minimum terms with BT, but it’s going to be a massive expense if we have to pay off around 12 months worth of a contract to a product that’s literally impossible to transfer (worked out at roughly £330 cancellation fee).

Any help, advice or tips would be appreciated and again, let me know if there’s a better place that this post is suited to. Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0