cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote access to hub (WAN access)

enveetee

I need to access my router while I am out of the country, is this possible. I have a fixed IP address

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

markp
Grand Guru

Hi enveetee

I am afraid the BT routers cannot be accessed remotely.  What you would need to do is access a computer behind the router, then use this computer to make any changes within the router.

Regards

Markp

BT Business Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

enveetee

I can access my router on my LAN (192.168.1.254) but I need access to it when I am in another country

markp
Grand Guru

Hi enveetee

I am afraid the BT routers cannot be accessed remotely.  What you would need to do is access a computer behind the router, then use this computer to make any changes within the router.

Regards

Markp

BT Business Forum Moderator

OB

Are there simple steps to follow to remote access a computer connected to a BT router - we have a bt static ip and have tried ftp access using the IP, and BT username and password, with standard and SSH connection - but neither worked.

No doubt it is more complicated, particularly for someone with zero IT knowledge - any pointers appreciated - thanks.

wernstrom

if you're trying to FTP files -to- your own PC from a remote loaction you'll need a few extra steps:

1: set port forwarding on the router to forward port 21 (standard ftp) to the local IP of the pc on your network

2: make sure the firewall on the local pc will accept FTP traffic

3: install an FTP server on the local pc

4: create a user account using the FTP server software.

then

5: using a remote computer connect to your static IP using the credentials created in step 4.

^ all thats a bit simplified as it all depends on your OS version etc etc. but hopefully a starting point 🙂

cheers, Phil.

rog6r

Can anyone let me know how I can set up my Homehub5 so that I can access my DVR remotely using XQ Live on my iPad? I can find my internet ip address using logmein but a fixed ip would be better

PJ16081978

You will need to set up ort fawarding on the Hub. You will need to add a rule