cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace 4G dongle with Mifi hub

epsteel

Hi all,

We have a 4G dongle plugged into our BT router that allows access to the net if the phone line goes down.

If we replace this with a Mifi dongle/adapter, and plug it into the BT router USB port, will this work the same?

TIA

Edit: I inadvertently posted this in the Residential community and was advised to post here. They also stated that it would not work.?

So looking for a solution that does not involve a landline due the location.

1 REPLY 1

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi epsteel

My apologies for the very late reply - I have been away this past few weeks so apologies that you did not get a response.

To answer your question, most Mifi dongles would plug into specific devices rather than directly to your router, so that may not be a viable option if you are needing to use it on multiple devices.

We do offer mobile broadband packages which come with a MiniHub which would eliminate the need for a phoneline entirely. If this is something you are interested you can PM me some details (telephone number, account number for your current services, business name etc) I can organise for someone to call you back to provide you more info on that to see if that is a viable solution for you.

All the best,

Ryan