cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP address for printer/photocopier

kmocho

We have just had a BTNet leased line installed in our premises but our office printer/photocopier/scanner requires a  new SMTP address to enable it to send scanned documents to recipients. I have been calling and speaking to various technical support people but no one seems to be able to give me this (or know what I'm talking about, which is a bit worrying for a technical support department...). I've got as far as someone telling me I need to register (what exactly I do not know) at this email address: dns.registration@bt.com but haven't had a response from them yet.

It should be as simple as 'smtp.btconnect.com' for example (but it isn't that coz I've tried). I am desperate to get our scanner function up and running again to send documents but can't until I have this address. Would be good to get instructions for the settings (i.e. does it need authentication, should SSL be 'on') etc, etc.

Any help greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

Burkem5
Guru

Hi there @kmocho 

What you need is the full email settings for whick ever email this is set up as.

So you you are using a BTconnect email in the printer/photocopier you will need to use

Server - smtp.office365.com

port – 587

connection type – tls

make sure the outgoing server requires authentication and authenticate with the same details as the incoming server

If you are using a BT hosted domain its the same details.

If you are sing a NON-BT domain and have mail relay enabled for that domain then it is the smtp.btconnect.com

Can you tell me whether the domain is BT hosted or non BT hosted?

Thanks

Burkem5