cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second fibre line and load balancing / bonded line

danielshaw77

Hi all..

A client has asked me to do some research, they have a BT fibre line at the moment but they are in a poor area and the upload speed is around 4mb and downloads about 25mb.

If they was to buy another line and it was similar speed, in theory they should be able to get a suitable router that can connect to both lines and balance the load and essentially make the download/upload speeds a lot better.

Reason for this is they are ditching the ISDN lines and having IP phones installed and need more bandwidth.

Do BT support this facility and can anyone point me in the direction of suitable equipment to do this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

markp
Grand Guru

Hi there danielshaw77

BT do supply bonded lines and the equipment to load ballance between them , depending on cost for doing this looking at a leased line could be anoption too.

If you can send me the company details and your contact details via a private message I can get the team that deals with these orders to give you call and draw up a quote for getting this installed for you.

Markp

danielshaw77

PM sent thank you Markp

windymiller123
Power User

Bear in mind that bonded lines may not increase download speeds, just provide more total bandwidth.  A single user will not see any increased speeds.  But then, will not see any reduction in speeds if there is another simultaneous user, and their data is coming in on the other line.