cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple line move turned into complete disaster

deutscheparts

How a company can get something so wrong is just beyond me.

We're a small mail order business, taking our orders from eBay, our website and over the phone. Can you guess what's coming next ?

We have had a BT line and Broadband at our premised for nearly 7 years and never had a problem.

We've been expanding and are moving to a new warehouse 65 meters away from the one we've always been in.

We contacted BT and asked them to put a new line into the new building then transfer our services (phone and broadband) to that new line which they promised to do without any service interruption.

So, we start getting all the text messages and blah blah etc then we get to the office on Monday to find no broadband. We call BT after trying resets etc and they tell us that our service has been terminated.

After making literally about 15 phone calls it would appear that BT think that Openreach have installed our new lines and have started to move the services across. BT hadn't installed anything in our premises as they were waiting for someone to visit the site to confirm that the installation was viable, even though the telegraph pole in 5m from the front door of our new warehouse.

Then, Tuesday morning we arrive at work to find no working phone line, they've managed to kill that off too. So, we have no broadband now no phones. Worse still is that because the line is completely dead with no dial tone and 17070 doing nothing, we cannot even transfer the calls to our other (as yet untouched) line.

Later that day they manage to set up a divert so we have basic phone service at least and then the engineer turns up and installs the cabling into our new warehouse. However, it was assigned a telephone number that wasn't ours so we had to wait all day for him to mess around at the exchange before it would work.

This is now day 4 of having no broadband and we've just had a text saying that 'within 4 hours' we'll get a furterh text with a broadband activation date.

I called BT and asked how we go about claiming compensation for the staff wages and lost sales that we're suffering at the moment and the guy said 'sorry, not something you can claim for as Broadband is not a guaranteed servce'.

To say I'm livid with this terribly badly managed mess is an understatement. They have acted like they've never had to move a business before and everything they've touched has turned into a disaster.

Anyone any idea where we ought to go from here ?

2 REPLIES 2

markp
Grand Guru

Hi deutscheparts,

I'm really sorry you've been having problems and I can understand your frustration. As you are a

Business customer here's a link relevant to your complaint in our BT Business contact us pages. There's also further information about how to make a complaint about BT Business in our help articles.

This Community Forum is for Business customers to help other Business customers with queries about products and services and not really the best way to get the help you need from BT. You can get contact details, including complaints information from our contact us pages.

Markp

miniblob

Sounds familiar!!!

Welcome to BT.

They don't compensate.

They sell products that don't work.

Then try to charge you for something else, that might work 'better'.

Don't worry though, once your contract ends, in a couple of years, you can find a better supplier, (just any other supplier really!!!).