cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow FTTC and disconnections every 25 minutes for last three weeks

kmeanderson

I have read a number of posts about similar issues. What I cannot find is how to resolve mine.

I used to get 38Mbps download, but now see no more than 1.7Mbps

My BT Smarthub shows the following

rsz_draytek_brora_router_stats.jpg

The router is rebooting/reconnecting every 15-25 minutes. I could not deduce what was going on - so temporarily I plugged in a Draytek 2760 router to get some more stats. This rendered the following errors at the far end:

rsz_1draytek_brora_router_stats.jpg

From this I can tell that my circuit should be able to support 40Mbps (I am really close to the cabinet) and have sustained 38Mbps for some time until recently.

But for some reason the router cannot sync at more than 2Mbps (the exchange I suspect is rate adapting to accomodate the errors)

Even with a manual reboot or replacement of the router, the errors don't seem to clear at the exchange - they seem to persist.

Can anyone tell me how I get BT to do something to reset or clear things?

Or is there something else obviously wrong. I have done a 17070 line test and it is clear. I have done a BTW speedtest and it shows this:

rsz_bt_speedtest_brora.jpg

Which shows my IP Profile is 20Mbps for some reason.

And I have done a cabinet test and it show this:

rsz_screenshot_2019-10-08_120027.png

In summary - I should be getting 35Mbps - the router is seeing far end errors (which I am assuming is at exchange downstream to User) and I cannot get BT to clear whatever is limiting. It is completely unusable with a router disconnect every 25 minutes, 24 hours a day.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi kmeanderson

Sorry for the delayed reply. Have you contacted our helpdesk in regards to this issue? We would need to check what the line profile is from our end, fix that if it is wrong, and in addition get a full test run from our systems to figure out why you are unable to maintain a stable broadband connection. It may be that we require an engineer to get this resolved.

If you PM me you broadband telephone number, as well as your business name, address and postcode I should be able to check your profile for you. To raise a fault on your line you would call 0800 800 154 or contact us via livechat.

Regards

Ryan