cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP Issues

beezy

Hoping someone can offer some help here. I am having issues with Static IP. I was told my static ip is x.x.x.x. I put this IP address into the BT Router along with the subnet of 255.255.255.240. After this I click on the MultiNAT tab where I select one of the IP addresses available. Then I select my server from the MultiNAT device assignment I select the public IP address from the list Then I save these setting, reboot the router and the server. However the Public IP address I assigned to my server is not publicly reachable.

What is interesting is on the MultiNAT page the is the first address in the list my web server is publicly reachable on that address, however this address is not a static IP address.

Am kinda stuck here I didn't received a welcome letter, the only thing I ever received was a single IP in my email from BT CS after emailing in about it I don’t even know if I am paying for 5 static IP or more, anyway any help offered would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi beezy

Hope you are well, and sorry to hear you are having issues with the IPs. I think ideally our tech helpdesk would need to have a look at this for you - they will be able to see the exact IP range (or single static IP on the account if indeed that turns out to be the case) and from there can assist you with any setup issues or faults in regards to those IPs. You can contact our service helpdesk directly on 0800 800 154 🙂

I hope you get this one sorted - feel free to get back in touch if there are any further developments!

Regards

Ryan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi beezy

Hope you are well, and sorry to hear you are having issues with the IPs. I think ideally our tech helpdesk would need to have a look at this for you - they will be able to see the exact IP range (or single static IP on the account if indeed that turns out to be the case) and from there can assist you with any setup issues or faults in regards to those IPs. You can contact our service helpdesk directly on 0800 800 154 🙂

I hope you get this one sorted - feel free to get back in touch if there are any further developments!

Regards

Ryan

Bobby
Super User

Hi Beezy,

If you are set up using 1 static IP address, enabling the 'static IP' function on the BT Business Hub won't work - this needs to be disabled for the single static IP address to work correctly. The static will be assigned to the network automatically without any further configuration required. As Ryan mentioned above it's best to contact the technical team to clarify if you're using 1 static IP or a range of 5 static IP addresses. 

Thanks, Bobby

beezy

Ok thanks for the input guys, I will most certainly contact the help desk as @RyanJames Suggest, Thanks much. And thanks much @Bobby I'll look at what you where saying, maybe thats my issue. Take care guys have good one!