cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP with super fast enhanced keeps changing

ChrisClarke

Hi,

I have had BT Business Super Fast Enhanced broadband for a while, one of the reasons I switched to BT was the free static IP with this package.  I haven't until now needed it, I had everythin setup but then everything stopped working, strange I thought, tracked it down to my IP having changed.  I notice it now changes every few days, makes my whole system unusable.

I've tried various ways to contact BT about this but to no avail.  Anybody here can help?  I'm sure its just an option on my account to switch on, but nothing online says what needs to happen, it just says my package includes one free static IP.

Thanks

Regards

Chris

3 REPLIES 3

paulpa66

Have you updated password/ user name on router to that of the fixed IP? Just a thought 

mikej101
Power User

A single static I.P doesn't need any setting up on your router. It's set on the line by B.T.

Try using something like 'What's my IP' on the net  - if it's different every day then B.T. haven't given you a static I.P at all.

Only they can fix it. There's nothing you can do from your end. Typical useless B.T technical bods.

PaulC1
Administrator
Administrator

Hi ChrisClarke,

I'm sorry you're having issues with your Static IP. If you'd like to PM me, I can check if you have a Static IP on your account. All you need to do for single Static IP's is turn your Smarthub off at the wall for 5 minutes, then power on. The Static IP will automatically assign itself. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

^PaulC