cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP

macka001

Hi, received my home hub 3 several months back and ordered it with 5 static IP.s

What i want to acheive is as follows:

The home hub had one of the static IP's so all my internet connectiviity is seen from this single IP. i have a FTP server sitting behind the Home hub which i want to assign the 2nd static IP to this FTP service. Please can you advise how to acheive this.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

markp
Grand Guru

Hi macka001,

If you have a Home Hub 3, you will not not be able to use a static IP range with it, as the firmware does not allow it.  You would need to use the Business Hub or a different non BT router to use your static IP range.

What you can do with a Home hub 3 is use it with a single static IP as this requires no setup other than changing the username within the router to the line the specific username for the business broadband line.

Which would then alloe the router to be assigned the single static automatically by us, and all you would need to do is setup the port forwwarding to the devices/servers behind it.

Regards

Markp

BT Business Forum Moderator

reshyam

Hi Guys,

In The home hub had one of the static IP. We so all my internet connectiviity is seen from this single IP.We have a FTP server sitting behind the Home hub which We want to assign the 2nd static IP to this FTP service. So Please can you advise how to acheive this.

Top 5 Interactive Social Media Marketing Tools