cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange BT Business Hub 5 Wireless Issue

Beeker

Hi everyone

I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this issue please? I have had the BT Business Hub 5 for a couple of months now and it's been doing something very odd with my wireless connections.

I'm syncing at 48Mbps and my download speeds via wireless are around the 45mbps mark. All of a sudden and without a set pattern the download speeds will drop to around 25Mbps although the sync rate remains at 48Mbps.

Things I've tried:

Seperating the SSID's

Disabled Smart Wireless

Manually selecting the channels for 2.4 and 5Ghz

Tried using different devices to test

Disbaled BT Wi-Fi

The only thing that resolves the issue is a restart of the hub but then it could be anything from a couple of days to a couple weeks and the same thing happens again.

Details of the hub are:

BT Business Hub 5 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.230 | Last updated 26/07/16

Is the hub faulty or is it just what these hubs are like and not very good. This is the first time I've used a BT Business Hub.

Many thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Beeker

Well it seems this is known issue. Alrady discuseed in the Plus Net forum (same hardware) Seems the only resolution is to buy a new router. 

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/HubOne-5Ghz-Issues/td-p/1366717

Beeker

Well it's done it again this afternoon. I've tried the 2.4GHz band and sure enough as per the previous url that band seems to be unaffected and it's the 5Ghz band.