cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Speed and IP profile mismatch

MHC
Guru

I have a problem that support - even thrid line cannot seem to resolve and any thoughts might be useful.

The figures vary by maybe 100kbps after a reconnect but nothing more.

I have a good quality line on a low usage cabinet.   The max achievable is 77.6 Mbps and the sync rate 76.1Mbps and that is fine.

However,  the IP profile is 66.4 Mbps   and various speedtests - BT and thrird party come back with about 64.5 Mbps and with that IP profile it is reasonable.

What I cannot get an explanantion for is the discrepancy between Sync and IP profile - I would have expected them to be a lot closer with an IP profile in the region of 72-74 Mbps for a 76+ sync.

Any thougts or comments on why and how it can be resolved.    Profile resets have NOT resolved it.    Is there an issue or is some other factor comin into play.

When the VDSL connection was first made the max acvievable was over 80Mbps and speed tests of over 75Mbps were commonplace - obviously cross talk from other lines has pushed it down slightly and I accept that happens.

1 REPLY 1

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi MHC

My apologies for the late reply - have you had any joy with this?

I myself am effectively a front line agent, so if you have progressed this to third line you will have likely spoken to people a lot higher up than myself, but to my knowledge if you have installed broadband and you have been quoted a minimum sync rate, and if you are not on a profile that does not enable you to achieve that then there must be a fault somehwere.

Has anyone tried to manually reset the profile for you? Usually it would just be set to 80/20 and the IP profile would automatically sync with the max attainable.

Regards

Ryan