cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to make a formal complaint

Hooloovoo

I have had a succession of problems with my BT Business Broadband which are still going on. We were promised visits from engineers that never turned up, promises of calls that never materialised, reductions in bandwidth, identity of service at the exchange being transferred, and to top it all when I politely asked for the formal complaints procedure I was asked to complete all my details along with my complaints on their web site and was given the URL of www.bt.com/business/complaints and guess what? The page no longer exists!! I have called again and they say that when we get a call back to our ongoing technical problem that we should ask for a supervisor. How on earth can they get away with this. I think the next thing is an email to BBC.

Anyone else have similar issues? Maybe we should, get together and make a joint complaint? Anyone want to join together? There is strength in numbers after all?

29 REPLIES 29

markp
Grand Guru

Hi hooloovoo,

If you click on my icon/name you will get the option to send me a private message, if you can do this please and give me some account/fault details I can get the appropiate team to look at your issues further.

The correct link to our complaints team can be found here

Regards

Markp

jambo

We ordered BT hub for home and the broadband was so slow we complained.  They suggested we change to business broadband, however what they didn't tell us was that we couldn't cancel the first one as the contract was for 18 months, so now we are paying for 2 broadbands one of which we don't use.  The business broadband is slow as well and keeps cutting out right at the wrong time.  We thought Virgin Media were bad!

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Jambo,

If  you are having problems with slow speed on your lines you will need to contact the relevant helpdesks,The contact opentions for home broadband can be found here or they have a live chat service.

For Business broadband their contact options can be found here

Regards

markp

MHC
Guru

In your post you have: 

... was given the URL of www.bt.com/business/complaints and guess what?

which shows as bt.com/business but when I hover over the link it shows up as bt.co/business   with a missing M.   But if I edit the URL and insert the M a page is returned with links for complaints.

It is forwarded on to:   http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/contact/?s_cid=btb_FURL_business/complaints

Hooloovoo

Mark P - I cant see the facility to send you a private message when I click on your icon and the link you sent me is just the contact page for the fault team and not an official complaints area.

What do you want me to do now? 

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Hooloovoo,

I have sent you a private message if you can respond to that I can take a look at your case notes.

Regards

markp

riggsesq

Similar problem!

Trying to get anything sorted is an ongoing nightmare. We have telephoned, e-mailed and sent letters finally approached this forum 6 weeks ago but to no avail.

We signed up for a BT Business E-saver @ £19.99 a month and have been paying an additional £80 a quarter for line rental on two lines even though we only have one for the past 9 months!

If you get any joy please let us know.

JohnE
Guru

We do take complaints seriously, Hooloovoo and others, we can't, however, begin to investigate until your issue is resolved.  In the first instance, you need to complain to the helpdesk.  If they can't resolve it to your satisfaction, then you will need to speak to a supervisor who can then take ownership and escalate as necessary.

keithgeach

Do not hold your breath for improvment of service I am down to 7.8 bytes/sec after my services was worked on.

no complaints about the most of the staff though, they have been very helpful and seem to be concerned that this problem that started before easter, is still going backwards.

I think that a good service can not be provided because the infostructure can not cope with the demand. There are pipes laid in my road but who knows when they can afford to put the fibre optics in them. Still £50.00 a month for something that only works if nobody else uses their telephone or computer is not robbery or is it?