cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to make a formal complaint

Hooloovoo

I have had a succession of problems with my BT Business Broadband which are still going on. We were promised visits from engineers that never turned up, promises of calls that never materialised, reductions in bandwidth, identity of service at the exchange being transferred, and to top it all when I politely asked for the formal complaints procedure I was asked to complete all my details along with my complaints on their web site and was given the URL of www.bt.com/business/complaints and guess what? The page no longer exists!! I have called again and they say that when we get a call back to our ongoing technical problem that we should ask for a supervisor. How on earth can they get away with this. I think the next thing is an email to BBC.

Anyone else have similar issues? Maybe we should, get together and make a joint complaint? Anyone want to join together? There is strength in numbers after all?

29 REPLIES 29

a-hill
Grand Master

Multi1: Who ever told you that the router didn't work with Internet Explorer was either severely missinformed, or outright lying. I find it strange in this day and age that a router WOULDN'T work with the most widely installed browser in the country. I've worked with that router extensively, and can gaurantee that it is NOT a know issue that it doesn't work with intenet explorer... because the issue doesn't even exist, that's why no one bothered to tell you.

Moved:

JohnE
Guru

Post moved to Feedback section. Not related to current discussion.

Elliott

Trying to find a contact number to make a complaint about BT Local Business in Devon, sales staff refuse to give me Managing Directors name or number and BT web page has no contcat numbers, which is odd for a telecoms company. Any ideas?

chrisogborn

Having nightmares ourselves. Have had a versatility line that has been off for 85% of time since start of October. 15 logged phone calls with no responce, each department saying it is anothers problem. Cannot find a way to make a formal complaint and shifted from one department to another. Any contact numbers where i can say come and get this rubbish, mis sold product etc would be appreciated.

@Hooloovoo wrote:

I have had a succession of problems with my BT Business Broadband which are still going on. We were promised visits from engineers that never turned up, promises of calls that never materialised, reductions in bandwidth, identity of service at the exchange being transferred, and to top it all when I politely asked for the formal complaints procedure I was asked to complete all my details along with my complaints on their web site and was given the URL of www.bt.com/business/complaints and guess what? The page no longer exists!! I have called again and they say that when we get a call back to our ongoing technical problem that we should ask for a supervisor. How on earth can they get away with this. I think the next thing is an email to BBC.

Anyone else have similar issues? Maybe we should, get together and make a joint complaint? Anyone want to join together? There is strength in numbers after all?

deniz

i ve ordered my bt infinity on 19th march and gave my mac code to bt on 21or 22 nd of march and told that engineer will be at my address on 29th.. i was happy.unfortunatly noone turned up on 29th and i phoned bt.. first person  i talked to said that i need to talk to a right department  i said ok.. but the department she put my call through was closed because of easter ..i ve phoned again and next person so CHEECKY so RUDE.. ask my dob address etc,, i told him that i dont want to give him my dob over the phone he was saying that if i want him to do something for me i had to tell him my dob.. the way he asked "are you going to give me your dob or not?" wow ... what a nice way to talk to a customer.. anyway at the end he said i have to phone back  he wont help me..i phoned again  same day.. talked to an other person he said he doesnt know what happen and for the previous person he will put a complaint against him on behalf on me.i gave him my mac code again and promised an engineer to be at my adress on 5th of april,FRIDAY..i asked him how can i be sure this time i wont have any problem as i had first time.. he was saying that he got a comfirmation code.. and he will send it to my email.i said ok and got the comfirmation code on the phone (just in case)he told me to wait few hours to get the comfirmation emal.. from friday(29th) to monday i didnt get any email .i phoned the bt to make sure if engineer still coming on friday..and guess what nooooo.my order was cancelled again. and i ve promised by a supervisor to solve my problem.. he went through all my calls i made to bt .. when he came back to me he said he has nothing to tell me. i was right all the way..so he said he will try his best to help me.. i wasnt sure and also had no more choice .. i said ok. he put my order again with mac code.(3rd time)..new engineer date was 10th of april.. needed to wait longer..i wasnt happy for that i ve asked him if it is possible to bring engineer earlier than 10th he said he is off next 2 days but he will make sure someone chasing my order and updating me with progress. i said ok. after a while i got my confirmation email. but guess what the address that bt using to deliver my equipment my previous address which i ve used last time in 2008..because i didnt want to wait longer i phoned bt just before 6 pm same day but it was closed again..next day i phoned bt to inform that postal address wrong.they said sorry they will fix it and i ll get my equipment to my new address.. i  asked person on the phone if i am still going to get the phone call to see if any earlier date will be available for engineer to come to my address before 10th wednesday .. he said yes some one is going to call me today.. no one called me until 17.30 pm same day.. i phoned bt again and lady onthe phone said call back for 24 hours and arranged today and i have to wait 24 hours..i ve tried to explain to her it was yesterday that callback arranged she didnt want to listen i ve asked her if i can talk to a supervisor or menager .. answer was clear noone available..

i v e  phone bt again today ..i ve explained to the person he was telling that i still need to wait to get this call back i was so annoyed i said ok i ll wait but on the phone.. he said no i had to go.. i insisted to stay on the line .. because so far bt didnt keep a promise.. but an other surprise from bt.. they disconnect my calll.. all i want to say for a company as big as bt so unprofessional so disappointing .. i thought british gas customer service was bad. BT worse than british gas

topley

Hi I am just about to try and make a formal complint regard to BT then read your message!

I have been trying to obtain a land line for the last 5 months still no joy. BT open reach has reduced me to tears I feel like they own the monopoly of the landlines in the UK and just do not care whether they supply them or not. It is bt openreach that seems to be the culprit. I jsut get put throught to India where I feel there is no communication between themselves who make the appointments for the engineers and the engineers themselves.

Do you have a land line or are you waiting for them to fix it?

I have been waiting for them to fix mine, they said there is a problem at the exchange they then said they sent an engineer but they never turned up. I actually am at a loss I dont know what I can do to get a landline anymore. It is a disaster.

What is your plan?

markp
Grand Guru

Hi topley,

I 'm sorry to see you are having a problem getting a line installed, is it a business phone line or a home phone line?

If you can send me a private message bu clicking on my name, with your name, contact details and the order number/landline phone number in question, I can see if I can shed some light on this for you.

Thanks

markp

lindawilkinson

I have recently purchased a building plot with telephone wires going above to neighbouring houses. I  have telephoned BT a few time to request they they remove their lines as they are going to interfere with our new build.  I was informed I would have to pay almost £200.00 just for a survery to be carried out and then there would be a fee for the work to be carried out.  I cannot see why I should be told that I would have pay for phone wires to be removed from airspace above the land that I own when the phone wires have nothing to do with us.  I was told if the building was to damage the wires, I would recieve a bill to pay for the damage.  Initially I was told the I it was not possible to speak to a manager, and that we would have to deal with the compliants dept.  We were told on twol occasions that we would be contacted via email, and we could forward our complaint via the link.The email never arrived.  We attempted to contact Ofgem for assistance but have noted that we need  deadlock letter in order to persue our complaint.  It would seem that there is no where to go and we are in limbo.  

matthewkirby

The problem is openreach and BT are two separate companies. BT have the Chickens head, and Openreach have the chickens body. BT don't seem to have any say over what openreach do for their customers. We have fibre but are paying full business price for a 3rd rate speed. (10mb download, .6 upload).

This is all for the sake of a length of cable that had been there since Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone.

They have you by the balls as there is no alternative apart from moving from the country to a council estate. I get good water pressure, good gas pressure and 240 v electricity, but the simplist thing of all, a poxy copper cable thjat needs replacing and no chance.

Am on first name terms with the engineers now.

What a shame that one company has the power to hold back all the people who want to do business on the internet.

moscarella

Welcome to BT Business. I had a similar catalogue of disasters with my connection. After much finger pointing and insisting it was my faulty equipment, an "engineer" arrived and after 5 hours checking my setups finally admitted it was the fault of BT (burnt out relay at local exchange)....Timescale...3 months!

Regards