Ultrafast 300 - G Fast?

Hello,

I have just has Ultrafast 300 Upgrade installed at Home but Business one.  No-one told me about G fast etc..  beforehand....

Can anyone recommend an alternative to the Gfast Modem and HUB6 combintaion for G Fast.  Looks like for Business they are separate but for REsidential they are all in one(or that's what the BT eng. said?).  I would like 1 box with at least 4 ports preferably 5 so 1 for the WAN and then 4 ports.  I am now down a Port!

Thanks

Grand Guru

Re: Ultrafast 300 - G Fast?

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

You can add any make of gigabit switch to give you more ports if that's what you're after Smiley Happy

Thanks

[ Edited ]

Problem there is same as me you go from one box on a tiny shelf with 2 sockets to 3 boxes on a Tiny shelf and now needing an extension lead/multi-adapter - a real real pain!!  If you also like me use BT Whole Home Wifi then the number of Power outlets is silly!!

Also, when i had mine done the only viable 1 box solution is this - it is really difficult to find a Gfast compatible unit

https://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/DSL-AC88U/

I did actually get one but it was secondhand and faulty and never actually tried it.  I am waiting for the replacmement...

/* /